Photo: City of Sydney
These unprecedented times require all of us to ensure the safety and health of our community, businesses and society at large. During these challenging times HCC will be resourcing more than ever to support our members, community and precinct with local up to date information, support and news to connect, assure and assist however we can.
During this period we are consolidating our digital presence to develop robust and comprehensive platforms to support our HCC members and businesses to offer greater networking, promotion and integration digitally. We are currently providing online support to Haymarket businesses through our social media channels at Instagram #Haymarketlove and Facebook page: Haymarket Sydney Community as well as up to date news on our website.
Due to NSW Health requirements and the NSW Government announcements HCC events and meetings will be rescheduled until further notice. In the meantime we continue to plan, innovate and look towards how we can expand and diversify our advocacy, support and connection for our HCC members and Haymarket community.
Here are some local business suggestions to assist in mitigating risk, protecting staff and supporting customers*;
- Establish remote work for staff and set up home offices
- Stay connected with regular phone and digital communication with customers
- Shift and adapt business / sales strategy to online
- Build social platforms to maintain brand messaging and market presence
- Update your terms and conditions to reflect your revised business operations
- Revise and or innovate pricing and terms
- Set up digital staff and customer meetings and sessions
- Speak and connect with suppliers, investors, partners and local officials regularly to understand and implement safeguards
- Digitally set up your business through: Chat /instant messaging, video conferencing, online project management programs, cloud strategies and productivity time trackers
- Retailers: minimise or decline cash payments, delivery or pick up services, adhere to NSW health regulations, offer online services and build / harness your customer database to promote and maintain customer relationships
If you need any assistance, guidance and support or have ideas and suggestions on how we can further support you please contact usHERE. For specific business support and advice see HCC's business membership directory HERE
*Sources; Smart Company, US Chamber of Commerce and ABC