About the Haymarket Chamber of Commerce
The Haymarket Chamber of Commerce is the business voice for one of Sydney’s major commercial hubs, home to 2500 businesses employing close to 50,000 people, the largest workforce outside of the Sydney CBD.
A significant number of these workers are employed in the professional, financial, government and tourism sectors and the area has also developed as an important base for many international trading companies
This vibrant cultural and business precinct incorporates the largest Chinatown in Australia and attracts 2.5 million visitors annually. Throughout the past year business confidence has remained high due to a large degree to the increased numbers of visitors to the area.
The Haymarket Chinatown experience includes a choice of over 350 dining establishments and a host of attractions including Paddy’s Market, Market City and the Chinese Garden of Friendship.
The Haymarket Chamber of Commerce is committed to the continued success of the precinct and developing ways to maximise opportunities for growth. A major focus of the group is on promoting the interests of business and commerce.
The Chamber objectives
- To promote the interests of business and commerce, traffic, transport and tourism in the Haymarket region.
- To represent the business community, promote and maintain the development, growth, welfare and interest of the community within the precinct, Chinatown, City of Sydney & neighboring region generally, with the aim to create an active and vibrant precinct.
- To encourage the establishment of commercial, professional, retail and industrial organizations.
- To promote the interchange of services and information, to support or oppose measures affecting the commerce, businesses or community welfare of the precinct.
- To encourage friendly relations and trade between members and to enhance the precinct as a great place in which to work, conduct trade, visit and live.
- To promote interactive projects with the City of Sydney and other associations within our precinct.
- To promote a code of best business practice and ethics.
- To collect, compile and distribute business information and statistics of importance to the region and to create positive publicity and networking for businesses.
- To participate in issues connected to business, trade, commerce, tourism and community welfare, as well as any project or event that will enhance the cultural, social and educational facilities of the City of Sydney and the Haymarket region.
- To undertake training and further education for the benefit of members and to engage professional assistance for such services.
Executive committee of the Haymarket Chamber of Commerce
- President: Brad Chan
- Treasurer: Vince Santos
- Secretary: Louisa Poon
- Council Liaison: Vaughn de Vocht
- Public Officer: Rick Christie
- Members & Meetings: Peter Wong
- Members & Tours: George Wing Kee
- Executive Committee: Stephen Wan
- Executive Committee: Marika Janis
- Executive Committee: Ian McIntosh
- Executive Committee: Shah Yee
- Executive Committee: Michael Owens
- Executive Committee: Paul Hsiung