- 13,000 residents living in the Haymarket Village Hub area.
- This represents 8% of the total City of Sydney resident population.
- 6,358 residential dwellings
- 4197 hotel rooms, 1233 serviced apartments and 1327 backpacker beds
- Representing between 25-30% of the city’s total visitor accommodation.
Food & Hospitality Industry
- Area offers 22,000 seats in restaurants, cafes and pavement dining.
- Additional 1700 seats within food courts.
- 2,800 capacity in the area’s hotels and bars.
Top 5 Industry Divisions by the number of business establishments -
- Retail and Personal Services.
- Food and Drink.
- Professional and Business Services.
- Tourist, Cultural and Leisure.
- Finance and Financial Services.
- Total employment of the Haymarket village hub = 48,000 / 2500 businesses.
- Represents 13% of the city’s workforce, second only to the CBD.
- Includes World Square which houses 5,500 employees.
Top 10 industries by employment –
- 7,300 professional & business services
- 6,000 government
- 5,200 ICT
- 4,600 financial
- 3,900 food and drink
- 3,200 retail & personal services
- 3,200 tourism cultural and leisure
- 3,200 transport & logistics
- 2,800 creative industries
- 2,000 utilities
Note: The information provided in this overview has been taken from a report compiled by the City of Sydney.