The Capitol Theatre is located at 13 Campbell Street. It was originally intended as a hippodrome for arena theatre and featured stone cornices, terra-cotta capitals, rosettes and tiled panels, then in 1927 architect Henry White turned the interior into a movie palace, creating the effect of an internal Italian garden or piazza. It also featured an internal imitation courtyard which is the only one surviving in Sydney. The theatre has staged a number of international acts and plays.
For More Information: